Religion joke, NSFW language
Nights with @Ope
I deleted my Facebook and honestly I'm already feeling loads better. I used it as a way to keep a tether to my life prior to moving but I honestly don't care enough about that life.
My parents are conservatives who think politics are a game. My old "friends" stopped talking to me the day I moved. Nothing about my life in Indiana was healthy so why would I want to keep it around?
Anyway I'm better off now and despite all that is happening it's nice to remove some anxiety 💜💜
Family drama, parents being rude
My mom called me last night and told me her retirement plan was to live with me for 6 months of the year and then my brother for the other 6 months of the year and I told her "Absolutely not"
And her first response was "Wow I thought I raised you better than that. It's what we did with my mom."
YEAH AND IT WAS AWFUL. I HAD NO PRIVACY.
Mom I work from home full time do you think I'd actually want you in my house ALL DAY while I'm home????
Remote working advice
- If you're gonna watch Netflix or something, watch something that doesn't require 100% of your attention. It's easy to get distracted (I'm all for not doing work but you don't wanna get in trouble).
- Meal prepping is still useful! At the very least get stuff that you can reheat
- Set a time for you to close your work and do not reopen it until the next work day. It's incredibly easy to think "Oh well it's right there it wouldn't hurt to check..." Yes it would trust me.
Remote working advice
Since a lot of you are working from home right now, let me give you some advice as someone who does this full time!
- Be comfortable, but also wear some non-sweats. I usually wear jeans and a tee just to help me feel less lazy. Showering is good too.
- It's very easy to get cabin fever when you never have social interaction from work. I highly recommend at least going to the store or taking a walk outside at least once a day.
- Do not work from your bed.
26 NB gay lion
snouts.online is a friendly, furry-oriented, lgbtq+, generally leftist, 18+ sex-positive community that runs on mastodon, the open-source social network technology. you don't need a snout to join, but it's recommended!
snouts is supported by its community! check us out on patreon!
special thanks this month to these snouts! it's thanks to you we're able to make this place what it is! ❤️
@[email protected] | @[email protected] | @[email protected] | @[email protected] | @[email protected] | @[email protected]